Monitoring of agrometeorological conditions
LSI LASTEM solutions: quality and reliability, in compliance with the most rigorous standards
LSI LASTEM offers a wide range of instruments dedicated to monitoring agrometeorological parameters, which are characterised by maximum resistance, both in severe conditions and in the presence of strong thermal and hygrometric variations.
The advantages of agrometeorological monitoring
Accurate long-term agrometeorological observations contribute to the definition of precise environmental policy guidelines as they allow the interaction between agronomic practices and hydro-meteorological conditions to be correlated. In other words, recording these variables allows us to identify the most suitable crop species with respect to a given context, in order to maximize local production. For this purpose, various parameters are measured in this process such as solar radiation, atmospheric pressure, air and soil temperature and humidity, precipitation, leaf wetness, cloud cover, evaporation and wind.
LSI LASTEM in Gabon
In recent years, Gabon has implemented a series of initiatives aimed at encouraging the diversification of its production activities. One of the main objectives is to strengthen the agricultural sector and reduce imports. In this setting, a project by ADASA Sistemas – a world leader in water, environmental and meteorological technologies – took place and LSI LASTEM solutions were chosen for 6 agrometeorological stations in the Country.
- Alpha-log: the most powerful data logger of the LSI LASTEM family
- Combined wind speed and direction sensor
- Evaporimeter, compliant with W.M.O. standards
- Air temperature and humidity sensor, ideal for any environmental application
- Sensor for measuring the duration of insolation and direct radiation from the sun
- Sensor for measuring the amount and intensity of precipitation
- Solar radiation sensor
- Air temperature sensor a few cm above the ground
- Soil temperature and water content sensors for installations at -10cm, -20cm, -30cm and -50cm and soil temperature sensors for installations at different depths, -5cm and -100cm