Configuration and creation of SYNOP bulletins (Surface synoptic observations, defined FM-12 by the WMO) starting from data measured and stored in the GIDAS database. The bulletins generated by the program, whether of a single or multiple stations (distribution center), are saved on a text file in the format required by the specifications reported in the “Manual of Codes – International Codes VOLUME I.1 (Annex II to WMO Technical Regulations) 1995 edition and WMO – No. 306 Secre-tariat of the World Meteorological Organization – Geneva – Switzerland 1995 Part A -Alphanumeric Codes “.
For converting data into SYNOP format
- SYNOP codes creation in text format;
- Generation of SYNOP bulletins from one or more weather stations;
- Use of instantaneous, calculated, trends, statistical data extracted from the GIDAS database for the creation of bulletins;
- Ability to enter values observed by the operator;
- Automatic or manual mode.